Top Pest Control Services
You may contact a pest control service for many reasons, but some of the most common ones are:
- Inspections: If you are selling a home, buying a home, or getting a loan against your home, you may need to have it inspected for termites and other pests.
- Mice and other rodents: Sometimes you’ll see evidence of a rodent infestation long before you see the rodents. If you see mouse droppings or see gnawed holes in your walls, a pest control expert can take care of it.
- Bed bugs: You should call a pest control service if you find any bugs that you suspect are bed bugs. If you find small bite marks on your skin or see a lot of tiny dark spots on your mattress, there is a good chance these are what you have.
- Termites: If you can see grooves or tunnels through the floor joists or you find pinholes in your wall and some of the wood is buckling, you just might have termites. You might also find small piles of wood dust near any damage, you may have hollow-sounding wood, and you may see discoloration on wooden surfaces.
- Cockroaches: Live roaches are a definite sign of an infestation, but you may only see their droppings, which are a dark color and are the size of pepper or slightly larger. You may find egg casings near leaky pipes or around the refrigerator. The egg casings are oblong, yellow or brown, and around ¼ inch long or a little larger.
Pest Control Cost Guide
When you hire a pest control service your money goes toward the chemicals and other supplies required for treatments, as well as for the labor. Expect variation based on location, and the price will depend largely on the size of the area treated. Here are the costs of some common treatments:
- National Average Pest Control Service: $140-345
- Cockroach Treatment: $120-275
- Flea Extermination: $145-305
- Ant Control: $140-320
- Mouse Extermination: $165-305
- Termite Inspection: $80-205
Tips For Finding Pest Control Services
Check Reputation And Reviews
When you go searching for pest control service, the first thing you should do is check their reputation and reviews on Best of the Web. You’ll find a list of verified local professionals, and take a look at services and details. Best of the Web is the only place you need to look for quality, trusted local pest control service.
Ask About Their Warranty
When looking for a pest control service, ask about what kind of warranty they offer. Most will offer to treat the area again if an infestation occurs during the warranty period. Many warranties last one year from the initial treatment, but some can extend as long as five years.
Ask If They Are Licensed
Every state requires a license for pest control professionals. An unlicensed pest control service may not have the level of knowledge necessary or know the required safety protocols. They may not be insured for damage. The licensing exams cover these topics, ensuring the licensed professionals have the necessary knowledge to safely perform the job.