Tree services provide a range of services. Some things you can contact them for are:
- Tree trimming: The tree service professionals trim back excessive branches to keep the tree healthy and looking its best.
- Stump removal: Once a tree has been removed, a professional can come in and grind out the stump to improve the appearance and safety of your yard.
- Tree removal: Sometimes a tree is diseased, dead, or too close to your home. The tree service can take that out in a safe way.
- House clearance: Tree branches that are stretching over or against your home can be dangerous and can damage your home. A tree service can take care of trimming the tree back in a manner that is healthy for the tree and safe for your home.
- Mulching: Some trees benefit from mulching around their base. A professional service can take care of all the prep work and mulching for you.
- Hedge and shrub trimming: Hedges and shrubs need regular trimming for both aesthetic reasons and to keep the hedge healthy. Some tree professionals offer this service as well. They’ll trim the hedge or shrub to keep things healthy and looking good.
- Holiday decorating: This is something many tree services have begun to offer. They will take care of the dangerous work of stringing lights through your outdoor trees.
Many tree trimming services offer a variety of services beyond those above. These are just examples of what they provide. Professional tree services can take care of all of this for you, saving you a great deal of time and leaving your weekends free to spend with the family.
Professional tree services vary in what they charge for each service. When comparing, it’s important to have an idea of what average price you can expect to pay. Some services cost more in different parts of the country. A lot of what goes into a price also varies based on the labor costs in your region, the size of your trees, and even the cost to dispose of the trimmings.
Here are the national averages for some of the common services:
- Range: $110-985
- National average: $425
- Range: $225-1415
- National average: $645
- Range: $140-600
- National average: $315
- Range: $49-70/hr
- National average: $58/hr
- Range: $45-71/hr
- National average: 58$/hr
Tips For Hiring A Professional Tree Trimming Service
Whether it is for regular maintenance, or because you have storm damage, sometimes you may need a professional tree service. It can get expensive, so don’t just hire the first company you come across. In the end, it can cost a lot more. Instead, follow these tips to find the right service for you.
Check Reputation And Reviews On Best Of The Web
At Best of the Web, you’ll find a sorted list of pre-approved professional tree services near you. You’ll find their phone numbers, address, their services, and their hours of operation. When they are listed on Best of the Web you know they are trusted and verified.
Get Multiple Quotes
As you can see in the cost guide above, tree services charge drastically different amounts for the same work. Get a detailed breakdown of what their quote covers. Find out if it covers disposal fees, and get an estimate for how long it will take. This way you can better compare the cost to be sure that you’re getting all the services you need.
Ask About Insurance
Professional tree services typically have insurance, but you should always ask to be sure. Depending on where you live, local law may even require it. Make sure that the tree service you hire has insurance to cover any accidents. If they don’t have good insurance, you may want to look elsewhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you find a reputable tree service company near you?
The best way to find a tree service company is to check Best of the Web. Here you can read through our reviews of professional tree services near you, and you can follow our tips above.
Ask the people you know if they have any experience with tree services in your area. A good recommendation from someone you know is a great place to start. Thoroughly check out that company and read their reviews on Best of the Web to see if they are a good choice.
Why should you hire a professional tree service?
It may be tempting to do the work yourself, but some good reasons exist to hire a professional tree service. Consider these:
- Safety: A professional has the right equipment, training, and experience to take care of any of your tree issues in a safe manner.
- Damage: Professional services know the right way to bring down limbs and trees without damaging your property.
- Size: Trees can get really big. Do you feel comfortable taking down a 50ft tree? Leave this to the pros.
- Specialized Equipment: Some of the services you need require special tools. Stump grinding, for example, requires specialty equipment and training.
These are just some of the many good reasons to hire a professional.
How can you save money when hiring a tree service?
Some of the best ways to save money when hiring a tree service are getting multiple quotes and making sure you hire a reputable professional by checking their reviews on Best of the Web.
Think about what services you really need. Maybe you can do some of the cleanup yourself and save money that way. Talk to your service professionals and ask what you can handle on your own to save.