Astronomy and Space >
Amateur Astronomy >
Sky Maps and Atlases
Homework Help >
- 3-d StarMaps - Serves as a space guide to science fiction writers and interstellar game designers. Includes utility programs and sample maps.
- The Dome of the Sky - Provides a view of the stars from different latitudes north and south. With a list of stars sorted alphabetically and by season.
- Neave Planetarium - Interactive sky map displaying the stars as they appear on certain dates. Star names indicated and constellations outlined.
- Skymaps.com - Offers free sky maps monthly along with recommended books, star atlases, posters, telescopes and binoculars, astro calendars, software, DVDs, and digital prints.
- Solar System Simulator - Online database of JPL/Caltech generated planetary and star maps.
- Notable Nearby Stars - Maps of stars sorted according to proximity with related images and artwork.
- Math4u.us - Offers students assistance in Calculus, Trigonometry, Algebra, Programming, and basic Physics.
- MathMaster - Math and science tutoring services offered in person, through fax, and on email. Provides personal evaluation and personalized instruction methods.
- Math Masters Tutoring Services - Private, one-to-one tutoring for students of all levels. Site presents testimonials, news, and contact information.
- Math Supporter - Problem solving and online math tutoring services for middle school to college level students.
Social Sciences >
Geographic Information Systems >
- OPAL Experiment at LEP 1989-2000 - Particle physics experiment at the world's largest particle physics laboratory involved in the study of particles and their interactions through the analysis of electron-positron collision events.
- The ZEUS Experiment - Collaboration of physicists working to advance knowledge of the fundamental particles and forces of nature. Operates a particle detector at the electron-proton collider HERA at the DESY laboratory in Hamburg.
- H1 Experiment at Hera - Conducts research in the field of high energy physics making use of the H1 Detector, a complex apparatus developed for the detection of particles created during the collision of high energy electrons and protons.
Social Sciences >
- MapServer - Open source platform developed for the publication of spatial data and interactive mapping applications online.
- Place Names - Gazetteer of countries, regions, cities, villages, towns, islands and other geographic and other place names in the United States. Includes maps and photos.
- Minnesota Place Names - Geographical encyclopedia from the Minnesota Historical Society offering lists of stories involving Minnesota place names and suggesting a personal connection to history.