Water Damage Repair
There are many reasons you may hire a water damage service professional, but the most likely are:
- Flood damage: If your home floods with stormwater, it is imperative that you hire professionals who can come into your home to sanitize and repair the damage as soon as possible.
- Broken Appliances: A broken water heater or clothes washer can do severe damage to your home. This can lead to mold and further damage if not properly cleaned up in a timely manner.
- Burst Frozen pipes: When the temperature drops below freezing outside, your pipes can freeze. This can lead to a burst pipe, which can severely damage your home.
- Leaking roof: A leaking roof can lead to a lot of water damage during rainy weather. You may have waterlogged insulation, soaked drywall, a flooded basement, or carpets that retain so much water they slosh when you walk on them. Call a water damage service to take care of your home and get it back into livable condition.
- Sewage backup: When your sewer clogs and sends sewage into your home, you need a water damage restoration service. They can clean out the sewage, decontaminate the area, and sanitize your structure.
Water Damage Cost
The price you pay when you hire a water damage restoration company covers a lot more than labor. During the restoration process, professionals use a variety of specialized equipment that they must maintain, cleaning supplies they must replenish, and repair materials they must purchase. You pay for all of that, plus any required permits for the work. What you’ll pay can vary a lot, based on where you live and the size of the treated area. Below are the costs of some of the common water damage restoration services you may need.
- National Average Water Damage Restoration: $1000-5200
- Roof Damage: $350-1325
- Carpeted Floor: $200-750
- Ceiling Damage Repair: $340-1200
- Subfloor Repair: $260-615
- Wall Repair: $275-1200
Tips For Finding Water Damage Restoration Services
Check Their Reputation And Reviews
Best of the Web is the first place you should look when you need water damage restoration. You can find a list of local water damage restoration professionals, all verified. All their details and what services they offer are listed, as well as their phone numbers and contact information. Best of the Web is the only place you need to go when you need a trusted water damage restoration company.
Look For A Licensed Pro
While many states do not require a specific license for water damage restoration, many insurance claims adjusters will. You may also see, depending on the work required, some states can require a contractor’s license for some of the work. You’ll often see water damage restorers who are IICRC certified. If you see this license, you know you are working with a qualified company.
Ask If They Work With Your Insurance
You may come across companies that do not work with your insurance company. An insurance company may require quotes from certain companies for the work. It is important to ask both the water damage restoration company and your insurance company if they work together before you agree to any work.