Marriott: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
About Marriott: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
From the Marriott: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa website:
Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa: Fort Myers hotel accommodations, check rates and availability.
Location & Directions
Services We Offer
Lodging, Marriott: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Hours of Operation
Detailed Business Description
Offers a hotel situated on 85 waterfront acres and providing accommodations with amenities for family vacations or business travelers.
Marriott: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa ReviewsLEAVE REVIEW FOR BUSINESS
We came down for 10th Wedding Anniversary. The Resort is quiet and beautiful. Breakfast was excellent each morning, my wife enjoyed a message and facial, the view from our room was extraordinary with perfect sunset each evening. We are looking forward to coming back with the kids.
We have all seen them...the disgruntled hotel guest complaing about some trivial issue and making a scene. I have always vowed not to be one of "those people" but it seems when you are polite about raising a real issue you don't get taken seriously.
We spent just over $600 at this property December 11-12 for a weekend getaway and ended up placed in a room that had a malfunctioning thermostat. No matter what we tried the system would not cool off the room. Getting engineering to fix it was not an option since we didn't discover it until we were ready to turn in Saturday night so we spent the night without AC and decided to inform the property of the issue when we checked out in the morning.
I politely notified the front desk of the issue upon checkout and was offered a refund of the $25 resort fee as an accommodation. Not much considering we spent over $600 but at least it was a gesture.
Problem is when I got my bill emailed to me, the resort fee was still in there.
So much for being nice...I guess the joke is on me JW.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon week here.
* We loved it. This 4-star Marriott hotel is great! I'm glad to say that the Marriott brand hasn't disappointed me. It's better than what I've seen from 4 star hotels abroad in many aspects, primarily the phenomenal service employees, and the excellence of its rooms (and views) and several amenities.
* I want to start by emphasizing how marvelous several service employees were, and how each of them went the extra mile and give us delight several times everyday. These people gave us a 5+ star experience. Casey and Nick at reception; Costin, Colbert, and Sharnette in the breakfast restaurant; Sandra in housekeeping; and Hugh driving the shuttle to and from Captivate Tower. I want to further emphasize Costin and Sharnette; their beautiful warmth and their proactivity to cater to our needs every morning before we even expressed them.
* Rooms and amenities:
- ATTENTION: I feel responsible to bring your attention to one thing; there is no swimming beach access here, only a small chilling and sunbathing beach, but there are multiple swimming beaches within walking and short driving distance.
- My request for a high floor room in Captiva Tower was granted. The view of the harbor in the bridge was a unique balance of peace and liveliness. The room is wonderful; the bathroom has two sinks and a spacious shower box, spacious room with A food and coffee corner (fridge and coffee maker shelf), a nice desk area as well as a nice sofa with a coffee table, and a terrace with two chairs and another coffee table.
- MY ONLY COMPLAINT is something I was expecting but not sure other hotels provide: an electric water kettle in the room to make my coffee.
* Next: the property in general: it's really fantastic. Among our favorite things was that it is walking distance from Bimini Bait, a delightful seafood and cocktail restaurant!
- The resort is a spacious property that takes 5 to 10 minutes to walk from one section to the other. The main building feels premium; it houses a very nice and cozy breakfast restaurant and a bar on the other side of the building. Both of these restaurants have access to a terrace with a wonderful pool-and-harbor view. Notice that this means there are two pool in the main building!!
At Captiva, there are family entertainment amenities on the ground floor, including table tennis and foosball, and a third pool.
- The only food we ate here was from the breakfast buffet and it is a bit above average. The usual stuff; with eggs and an omelette bar, deli meat, cheeses, cereals/oats, basic bread options, PLUS A very nice fresh fruit section!
- The bar satisfied me with good single malt options, as well as its ability to make unique cocktails and shots. I DID NOT EXPLORE IT DEEPLY.
- COMPLAINT: their breakfast coffee is not delicious (I'm picky with coffee; recent roast, daily fresh grind, specialty coffee brewing), and they "proudly" serve Starbucks at the separate coffee bar. Thats like "proudly" serving Chick-fil-A as the main dinner chicken! It's great fast food at a college's food court and I love it, but not at a 4-star hotel on vacation! SUGGESTION: Fort Myers has a few fantastic local coffee roasters (one example is Chocolatte's)… why Starbucks??!
** In short: Will be happy to come back here! Recommended, and look for the wonderful service folks I mentioned above!