Congrats! If you’re reading this…
You survived the first decade of the new century. We lived through the “Y2k scare” and strolled into a decade where the internet went from “cool novelty” to “economic lifeline”. Huge fortunes were made by some, and in a decade when “real” employers were saying goodbye to longterm employees… internet entrepreneurism became a major force.
New industries entirely online came of age. People that once went to the mall to get ready for Christmas began to go to “Google” and “Amazon”.
We learned a lot of new words… Adsense, SEO, PR, Digg, Facebook… and we learned new meanings for old words. “Twitter” went from a sound to an action. “Text” went from a noun to a verb. Spam was once somethiing you didn’t want on your plate, now it’s something you don’t want in your inbox, directory, or forum. Now if you talk about anticipating “caffeine”, you probably aren’t on your way to Starbucks.
The national media scoffed at “bloggers in pajamas”, and lost. [Now they’re establishing their own blogs and playing catch up.] Where once having a website meant your company was “cutting edge”, now NOT having one means you just aren’t considered. For the most part these changes occurred over the course of the last decade.
Moving into 2010…
In a decade of change, Best of the Web has played its part. We went from an early awards program to a directory helping map the best sites on the net. We added a UK and Ireland Directory, a Local Directory, and other products.
Now we’d like to play our part helping folks get their website and their products in front of more people than ever. BOTW now has more than 20 million listings spread across the Web Directory, Blog Directory, UK Directory, and BOTW Local. We are happy to offer a promotion good through the end of January: SAVE 20% on All NEW BOTW Submissions and Sponsorship Advertising.
When prompted, enter the following Promo Code: NEWYR
Save 20% on new:
- Directory Submissions – Discount the annual or the one-time review fee and get listed in the Internet’s Oldest Directory.
- Monthly Sponsorship Ads – Save on the monthly rate for all new sponsorship ads.
- Blog Directory Submissions – Feature your blog and save on the annual review fee.
- Blog Advertising – Discount on all new sponsorship ads in the Blog Directory.
- Premium Local Listings – Discount the monthly and annual rate for your Local Business Profile listing.
- Bundled Marketing Package – Get your US Business listed in BOTH the Web Directory and BOTW Local for a fraction of the cost. Save 20% on the yearly fee!
The code may be used multiple times for multiple products and services in January. The code will expire on January 31, 2010 so act now to get a jump on the new year.
Happy 2010 to all from the Best of the Web team!