Appliance Repair Cost Guide
When looking for an appliance repair service, you need to know the average rate you’ll pay for repairs. It’s also important to understand what goes into that price. Some repairs are more expensive than others. Much of this is because of the cost of parts for the repair and the amount of labor involved. Your region plays a major factor in the cost of labor and parts, as does the amount of competition in your area. To give you an idea, below are the national average prices for a few common repairs.
- National average: $50-300
- Filter replacement: $50-125
- Sprayer arm replacement: $75-150
- Inlet valve replacement: $80-150
- Heating element replacement: $150-250
- Pump replacement: $150-400
- National average: $100-400
- Electric burner replacement: $75-225
- Electric oven sensor replacement: $100-250
- Gas oven igniter: $110-250
- Gas stove igniter: $150-300
- Control board replacement: $150-300
Garbage Disposal Repairs
- National average: $100-350
- Jam: $75-100
- Doesn’t grind: $50-150
- Leak: $74-175
- Clog: $75-200
- Won’t turn on: $50-400
- National average: $200-300
- Drip pan replacement: $50-200
- Door seal replacement: $50-200
- Ice maker repair: $60-200
- Thermostat replacement: $100-250
- Freon leak: $150-300
Washing Machine Repairs
- National average: $100-300
- Inlet valve replacement: $70-150
- Lid switch replacement: $90-150
- Drain hose replacement: $75-175
- Belt replacement: $100-225
- Door gasket replacement: $200-300
- National average: $100-400
- Door latch replacement: $50-150
- Thermal fuse replacement: $75-150
- Belt replacement: $100-200
- Bearing replacement: $75-250
- Gas dryer heating element repair: $125-250
Tips For Hiring Professionals
While you could just choose the first appliance repair service you see, it’s probably not the best way to approach this. You may spend a significant amount of money, so be careful. Below are some tips to help.
Check Reputation And Reviews On Best Of The Web
The best place to find a great local appliance repair service company is on Best of the Web. You’ll find a pre-sorted list of repair specialists in your location, all pre-approved. You can see the phone number, hours, services, and more. By coming to Best of the Web, you have the assurance that the appliance repair professional you selected is qualified, and you can trust that the companies you see are verified.
Get Multiple Estimates
The first company you talk to may be the best to work with and have the lowest price. And then they may not. You won’t really know until you have something to compare it to. The best method is to get multiple estimates so you have a range to compare to. Try to get three or more estimates. Maybe you’ll find that the first company was not the best deal.
If a company gives an unrealistically low price you should be wary. They may not be as qualified as they seem or may have misunderstood the problem to begin with. Be especially alert if you end up dealing with a company that has little or no reputation. While not common, there are scammers who quote a low cost, but find a lot more wrong that also needs to be repaired once they begin the project. The catch is, most of that probably didn’t need to be fixed at all, they just wanted to run up the bill.
Ask About Warranties
Once you’ve selected a handful of appliance repair services, contact them by phone or email and ask about their warranty. Reputable companies usually offer one, typically covering labor for a certain amount of time and parts for up to a year.
If a company does not have a warranty, it may mean they won’t back up their work. You may end up hiring a second company to fix whatever the first didn’t get right, or you may have a larger bill for something that wasn’t correctly diagnosed.