Top Air Conditioning Contractor Services
Air conditioner contractors offer a range of services, some of which are:
- Installation: Professional air conditioner contractors can help you select the right size of air conditioner for your home and install it for you, helping you cool your home properly and efficiently.
- Repairs: A damaged air conditioner may run inefficiently or not operate at all. An AC contractor can get your system fixed up and cooling again.
- Maintenance: A contractor checks the electrical components, drain lines, pumps, motors, coils, refrigerant levels, belts, and more. By doing the proper maintenance, they’ll prevent future damage and keep your system running efficiently.
- Duct cleaning: Air conditioner contractors use special equipment to clean away the dust, debris, and mold from your ductwork so your system works efficiently and continues to provide clean, healthy, and cool air to your home.
- Duct replacement: If your ductwork is damaged, filled with bacteria or mold, improperly installed, or otherwise in bad shape, call in an AC contractor. They’ll fix it up and get your system flowing its best and working efficiently to cool your home.
- Thermostat replacement: One of the most common services an air conditioning contractor offers is thermostat replacement. Whether your thermostat is malfunctioning, doesn’t work with your new air conditioner, lacks modern features, or you just want it relocated, a professional technician can handle the situation for you.
As you can see, air conditioner contractors offer a lot of important services. They have the expertise and experience to take care of any AC-related issues for you, so you can keep your home comfortable and cool.
AC Service and Installation Cost Guide
Below are the average costs for some common services performed by AC contractors. Your costs may vary based on the going labor rate in your area, the size of your home, the design of your AC system, and the difficulty of the installation.
New AC Installation
- Range: $3,262-8,256
- National average: $4,891
- Range: $161-646
- National average: $357
- Range: $79-217
- National average: $120
- Range: $284-769
- National average: $431
- Range: $178-399
- National average: $249
Tips For Hiring An Air Conditioning Contractor
Finding an AC contractor can seem intimidating, but you don’t have to worry. Just follow these tips below to help you find the best company for your project.
Check Their Reputation On Best Of The Web
It’s important to check the reputation of any air conditioning contractor before you hire. At Best of the Web you can do that. You’ll find reviews, names, addresses, phone numbers, hours of operation, and services of the companies listed. We provide a pre-sorted list of air conditioning contractors near you, all pre-verified so you know you can trust them with your air conditioning project.
Get Multiple Estimates
Always try to get multiple quotes for your project before you hire an AC contractor. Make sure their quotes cover everything you need and all the things they discussed with you, including materials, equipment, and labor. Any quotes that seem too low when compared to the others is a good sign the company may not understand your requirements or may not have the experience or skill you need. Try to get at least three quotes before you make a decision.
Make Sure They Are Licensed
Most locations require a license for AC contractors. Even if your city and state doesn’t require it, try to hire a contractor that has obtained their license. Licensed professionals have undertaken the training, know the regulations, and have the experience necessary to perform the work properly, and they have credentials from an authority to prove it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do air conditioners last?
Air conditioning units last between twelve and twenty years on average. That depends on the quality of the unit, how well you maintain it, and whether it is the proper size for your home. Many air conditioning professionals recommend replacement instead of repair for any system over ten years old.
Can I install central air conditioning myself?
DIYers can perform many home repair and remodeling projects on their own, but installing central air conditioning is one that is really best left to the professionals. There are many specific skills required to do it the right way. You need to know the regulations, be able to correctly size the unit for your home, handle the refrigerant, and have all the special tools for the job. The likelihood of properly completing the job is low, and the chance and cost of failure very high.
How often should I have my AC serviced?
Most professionals recommend having your air conditioning system serviced at least once a year, with some recommending twice per year. During regular servicing, they’ll calibrate the system, check connections, lubricate parts, clear drain lines, change out filters, verify the motors and coils are in proper working order, check your refrigerant levels, and more. They’ll make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate efficiently and properly during the summer months.